Settled Status Tenancy Agreement

EU/EEA/Swiss citizens who have obtained pre-settled status or settled status do not have a physical document proving their right of residence, but a digital registration for which you can obtain a link. The owner can then check and confirm your status online. The rights and status of EU, EEA (including EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and Swiss citizens living in the UK will remain the same until 30 June 2021, when the UK leaves the EU by agreement. If you have settled status, you can be absent for 5 years without losing your status. However, if you have pre-settled status, you must maintain your “continuous residence” for five years, which means you do not spend more than six months abroad in any 12-month period. You can take a period of more than six months outside the UK as long as you return 12 months ago and have proof that your absence is due to a good reason. If you spend more than 6 months outside the UK, but return to the UK before 31 December 2020, restart the watch to change your pre-settled status to Settled Status. In this case, you must make a second prior status request. At the end of the day, the key question will be whether or not a stay in the UK, however brief, can be considered a home.

. . .

Comments are closed.